Course Rules - Covid Restrictions
Phase 1 Guidelines
Effective May 14th
Extremely Important - Must Read
Before Arriving at the Course
Phase 1 Guidelines
Piney Branch Golf Club has reopened golf with the understanding that all members, guests, and staff practice safe “social distancing” and eliminate any nonessential interaction by implementing these policies.
Please follow these policies and steps we have put in place to make it a safer environment for all in our club family. We ask that if you feel sick, in any capacity, or if you have been around anyone that is sick or even feels sick, that you stay home for the safety of other golfers and golf course staff.
During this heightened period, we will continue to monitor the recommendations by the CDC, local, state, and national authorities and keep you updated if anything changes at the course. Please check our website and social media channels for updates. If you have any questions, please call 443-507-4184.
Please take note of the following procedures we are implementing for everyone’s health and safety. Failure to follow or comply may result in loss of club privileges.
Pro Shop and Member Changes
• Members must make tee times in advance. No walk-up tee times will be allowed.
• Please do not arrive more than 30 minutes prior to your tee time.
• Only 8 people will be allowed on the practice putting green at any given time.
• Every other station will be open at the driving range and short game area.
• Range balls will be washed after every use.
• All tee time check-ins will occur outside, at the bagroom, or by the starter shack.
• Tee times will be available at 8-minute intervals all days of the week, with all play going off hole #1.
o There will be no crossovers on the weekends at this time.
o Tee times will be available starting at 7am on weekends and 7:30am on weekdays.
o Monday tee times will start at 12pm.
• Carts will be allowed but restricted to one person per cart, unless you are playing with a member of your household.
o We will allow 2 bags on a cart, as long as 1 person is walking all 18 holes. There will be no
charge for the person that is walking. (We encourage people to do this as much as possible to
help us manager cart availability).
• Our staff will not be able to retrieve your bags when you arrive at the Club. You may check-in at the
bag room and then take your cart to your car to retrieve your own bag.
• If you have bag storage, our staff will be happy to grab your bag while wearing protective gloves.
• All golf carts will be cleaned before and after each use.
• When you have completed your round of golf, return your cart to a designated area as directed by our
outside staff. We also ask that you remove and dispose of any trash left in the cart. Trash cans will be
provided in the cart return area.
• Divot Bottles will be provided on the carts and sprayed down after each round of golf. We ask that
the driver use the driver side bottle and any walkers that are in the group can use the passenger
side bottle. PLEASE DO NOT use the mix on the carts for filling tee divots! It is a different mix
that we use on tees and our maintenance staff will fill those divots on a regular basis.
• Bunker rakes will be provided on each cart for use and sprayed down after each round of golf. We
ask that only the driver of the cart use the rake on the course.
• Scorecards and pencils will be cleaned and provided on the carts or as requested.
• The clubhouse will be closed for any gathering. Only enter the clubhouse if you are picking up carryout, using the restroom, or need to make a purchase in the Pro Shop.
• For your safety, we have installed multiple hand sanitizer stations throughout the clubhouse.
• We have ramped up our cleaning services and will be wiping down all touch points multiple times per day and every day of the week.
• If you need to enter the clubhouse for any reason, you MUST always be wearing a mask.
• If you would like to order food while on the course, we ask that you call ahead, either prior to making the turn, or prior to finishing your round.
• Lightning Storms- If there is lightening in the area, and the Pro Shop blows the siren for golfers to
come off the course, you must put your bags in your car and return the cart where directed by the
bag staff. You can wait out the storm in your car, but you cannot come into the clubhouse. We still
cannot gather more than 10 people in one area so you must take shelter in your car.
Golf Course Changes
• Do not remove the pins on the course.
• All ball washers have been removed from the course.
• No divot mix will be available on the course.
• No water fountains will be available on the course.
• Bathrooms will be closed on the course. We do not have enough staff available to clean the restrooms as would be necessary.
• With reduced staff on the course, we have removed many rope lines and stakes to control traffic. Please do your best to scatter carts to reduce wear damage.
Grill Room Changes
• Hours of Operation
o Wednesday & Thursday - 11am to 6pm (Kitchen will close at 5pm; all orders must be in by 5pm).
o Friday – Sunday - 11am to 8pm (Kitchen will close at 7pm; all orders must be in by 7pm).
• Carryout options will include pickup in the Grill Room, curbside at the front entrance, or turn-side delivery (food delivered at the turn).
• Please call the Club to make any carryout orders. 410-239-7114, ext. 103
• Payments will be in the form of member charge, prepaid credit card, or exact cash only.
• There will be no chairs in the grill room and the floor will be marked to maintain 6-foot distancing. We will limit members and guests to a total of 4 in the grill room at one time.
• All outside patio tables and chairs will be unavailable and the fire pit area will be closed.
• Beverage cart will be provided on course from 9am to 3pm, Friday through Sunday, weather permitting.
• Menu options will be updated as needed and posted on our website or sent out via eblast.
• All staff will be wearing face masks and all kitchen staff will be wearing gloves.